Sunday, July 08, 2007

Last week I said I was going to experiment with my squidoo lenses and I did. I was able to get the traffic to Dog Friendly Vacations up to about 1500 and 2500 to How to Get a Book Published

The Dog Friendly Vacations also received 20 ratings (people who gave stars) and 14 people posted in the guest book. The overall ranking increased to #77 overall and is still hanging in at #93. That's right I got in the top 100.

Interestingly, How to Get a Book Published lens had 1000 more visitors but only 10 people rated the lens and only 5 people posted in the guest book. The highest the lens got was about 130, it's at 255 currently.

It would seem that people rating lenses and posting in guest books is more important than traffic as far as improving ranking.

There was one sale from the how to get a book published and none from Dog Friendly Vacations It doesn't seem that a squidoo lense is effective in generating sales, at least not for me.

I'd like to see if ratings will boost the ranking of the how to get a book published lens, so if you have a few moments could you rate How to Get a Book Published

I'll report back in a few days.

In the meantime I'm going to see if social book marking will increase traffic to the website of our novel, Over Time. Currently we get about 50 visitors a day.

Dee
Brian and Dee's website

Capital Connection

No comments: